SynCardiaHealth + Behavior
New version of the device, designed for smaller patients, provides mechanical support until a donor heart can be found.
UCLA IoESEnvironment + Climate
UCLA is partnering in The Congo Basin Institute — a one-of-a-kind center to address the challenges of water security, climate change, biodiversity loss and public health.
Broad Stem Cell Research CenterHealth + Behavior
Results could one day have an impact on the development of treatment for osteoporosis as well as potentially help those with traumatic bone injuries.
Nicoletta BaroliniScience + Technology
UCLA-led team demonstrates how “hyperentanglement” allows each paired photons to carry much more information than previous methods.
- Arts + Culture Groundbreaking television coverage of LGBT milestones now online
- Science + Technology Stem cell gene therapy holds promise for eliminating HIV infection
- Students + Campus UC enacts measures to ensure LGBT inclusive campuses
- Subscribe to receive UCLA Newsroom by email
- University News UCLA police arrest Sean Combs (updated)
- Science + Technology UCLA chemists devise technology that could transform solar energy storage
- Students + Campus Hospital program takes patients into the Zen zone
- Health + Behavior Memory loss associated with Alzheimer’s reversed for first time