The UCLA Alumni Association board of directors has elected D’Artagnan Scorza to serve as the organization’s new vice chair. Scorza, founder and executive director of the Social Justice Learning Institute in Inglewood and member of the board of education for the Inglewood Unified School District, graduated from UCLA with a bachelor’s degree in the study of religion in 2007 and a Ph.D. in education in 2013. He joins 12 fellow UCLA alumni who have been elected board leaders for terms beginning July 1.
Cheryl Lott, who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2001, double majoring in African-American studies and political science, and earned a law degree in 2004, will become board president.
Current board president Christine Simmons, who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in physiological sciences in 1998 and is president and chief operating officer for the L.A. Sparks, will become UC Alumni Regent-Designate.
Other newly elected and re-elected leaders of the 2018–2019 UCLA Alumni Association board are:
- John Arboleda, bachelor’s degree, history,1996; board director
- Melvin Avanzado, bachelor’s degree, microbiology,1984; general counsel
- Cathy Choi, bachelor’s degree, economics,1996; board director
- Carlos Collard, bachelor’s degree, political science and communication studies, 2003; board director
- Eve Glatt, bachelor’s degree, history,1992: board director
- Lynn O’Connell, bachelor’s degree, design, 1983, secretary
- Sahil Punamia, bachelor’s degree, economics, 2013; board director
- Paco Retana, bachelor’s degree, psychology, 1987; master of social welfare,1990; board director
- Todd Sargent, bachelor’s degree, political science, 1996; treasurer
- Martha Saucedo, bachelor’s degree, political science,2008; board director
- Matthew Saucedo, bachelor’s degree, communication studies, 2011; board director
- Eric Shaw, bachelor’s degree, international development studies, 1998; board director