UCLA will close for 12 days between Saturday, Dec. 21, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020, and will reopen on Thursday, Jan. 2.
This 12-day closure includes:
- Four university paid holidays (Dec. 24, 25, 31, and Jan. 1)
- Four days that are not paid holidays (Dec. 23, 26, 27 and 30)
Employees have three options to cover the time for the four work days that are not paid university holidays:
- Use of accrued vacation. Employees can use days in advance of actual accrual to cover the four non-holidays during the closure period.
- Use of compensatory time, if available.
- Leave without pay Employees who choose leave without pay will not lose hourly vacation or sick leave accruals for these four days.
The above options may be used in combination. Employees should notify their respective supervisors in advance as to which option or combination of options they propose to use.
Frequently asked questions regarding the upcoming 2019–20 winter holiday closure will be available soon on the campus human resources portal.
If you have additional questions, please contact Anthony Solana, director of employee and labor relations in campus human resources at email@example.com or Jane Miller, director of employee and labor relations in health human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.