News van parking at UCLA remains a challenge, especially with a new construction project having closed the turnaround at the northern terminus of Westwood Plaza.
To assist broadcast outlets, UCLA Media Relations has identified three temporary parking zones (see map) for use by microwave and satellite news vans coming to campus unannounced:
1. Southeast curve of Sunset-Westwood Plaza Circle (off of Sunset Boulevard);
2. East curb of Westwood Plaza, alongside the Gonda (Goldschmied) Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center (opposite the UCPD station);
3. East side of Gayley Avenue, directly behind Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
News vans may use these areas free of charge. If these areas are unavailable, news vans must check in at a campus parking kiosk for directions to a paid parking area. SUVs, sedans and other standard sized vehicles are not authorized for these areas. Please read below for information regarding standard sized vehicles.
Vehicles parked next to red curbs or blocking a fire lane or fire hydrant are subject to ticketing and towing. Campus media relations personnel are unable to assist crews receiving tickets for unpaid or expired parking.
For planned news events, parking instructions will be provided in advance. For unannounced news events, utilize the spaces listed above, check in at a kiosk or contact a communications officer to make parking arrangements.
• General news stories: Media Relations and Public Outreach, 310-825-2585.
• Athletics stories: Athletics Communications, 310-206-7870.
• Stories at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and David Geffen School of Medicine: Health Sciences Media Relations, 310-794-0777.