As you consider making changes to your UC-sponsored health care plans during Open Enrollment — currently under way through Nov. 22 — check out these health plan satisfaction levels reported by employees and retirees in a UC-wide survey last spring.
The survey, completed by more than 8,100 employees and retirees enrolled in UC-sponsored non-Medicare plans, looked at enrollees’ satisfaction with their health care, specialist experience, getting needed care, customer service and prescription drug plans. Enrollees reported the following percentages of satisfaction:
- 94 percent, Kaiser Permanente
- 93 percent, Western Health Advantage
- 84 percent, Health Net Blue & Gold
- 78 percent, UC Care
- 73 percent, Blue Shield Health Savings Plan
A separate survey of 2,400 retirees in UC-sponsored Medicare plans found that, compared to the national average of 88 percent for overall satisfaction with Medicare health plans, UC retirees on Medicare are more satisfied:
- 95 percent, Kaiser Senior Advantage
- 91 percent, Health Net Seniority Plus
- 91 percent, Medicare PPO and High Option plans
Dental plan surveys of UC employees found an overall satisfaction of:
- 96 percent for the Delta Dental PPO
- 92 percent for DeltaCare USA
For Optum Behavioral Health Services, member overall satisfaction was 87 percent.
The medical plan surveys were conducted by the DSS Research Group, an independent survey research firm. Feedback from surveys provides UC with valuable information about how your health plans can serve you better.