Before the UCLA Bruins take the field for Saturday’s rivalry football game against the USC Trojans, the pregame excitement will crescendo with UCLA’s annual Beat ’SC Rally. The much-anticipated event will be held at UCLA’s Wilson Plaza on Thursday, Nov. 15.
The rally is one of the largest outdoor gatherings on campus, featuring student performances, the UCLA Spirit Squad and the UCLA football team, and it will unite thousands of UCLA football fans and members of the campus community in a show of support for the Bruins. The Beat ’SC Rally has traditionally included a bonfire, but in light of the wildfires that have affected so many in our Los Angeles community, the 2018 event has been adapted to incorporate colorful lights and confetti instead.
WHEN AND WHERE
5–6:15 p.m.: Beat ’SC Tailgate at Bruin Plaza
6:30–7:30 p.m.: Beat ’SC Rally at Wilson Plaza
► Interactive campus map
- UCLA football coach Chip Kelly and members of the UCLA football team
- UCLA women’s gymnastics team
- UCLA Spirit Squad and Bruin Marching Band
- UCLA student dance and performance groups
Limited parking for satellite trucks is available at two locations:
- The fire lanes west and north of Kaufman Hall. Entrance is via Westwood Plaza off of Sunset Blvd. Trucks parked at this location will not be permitted to leave until the event is over.
- The bus cutout on the north side of Charles Young Drive North, across from Wallis Annenberg Stadium. Wilson Plaza and the surrounding fire lanes/areas will not be accessible.
Katherine Alvarado, 310-794-6847, firstname.lastname@example.org