The UCLA Alumni Association board of directors has elected D’Artagnan Scorza to serve as the organization’s new president-elect. Scorza, founder and executive director of the Social Justice Learning Institute in Inglewood and member of the board of education for the Inglewood Unified School District, graduated from UCLA with a bachelor’s degree in the study of religion in 2007 and a Ph.D. in education in 2013. He joins six fellow UCLA alumni who have been re-elected or elected as members of the board of directors for terms beginning July 1.
The re-elected and elected members of the 2019-2020 UCLA Alumni Association board are:
- Vito Costanzo, who graduated in 1984 with a degree in economics. Costanzo is a partner in the litigation section at Holland & Knight LLP in Los Angeles.
- Coretta Harris, who graduated in 1983 with a degree in mechanical engineering. Harris is a retired senior systems engineer.
- Michelle Kim, who graduated in 2002 from UCLA School of Law. Kim is a judge with the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Jaime Nack, who graduated in 1998 with a degree in economics-international area studies and in 2002 with a master of public policy. Nack is president of Three Squares Inc.
- Ann Wang, who graduated in 2013 with a degree in international development studies. Wang is co-founder and CEO of Enrou.
- Christine MacLaughlin, who graduated in 1983 with a degree in communication studies. MacLaughlin is chief marketing officer and vice president of IBM Global Financing.
The alumni representatives re-elected and elected to campus boards for terms beginning July 1 are:
- UniCamp: Anicia Mendez, who graduated in 1997 with a degree in psychology, and in 2004 with an M.B.A. Mendez is director, consultant relations, with Putnam Investments.
- Associated Students UCLA (two appointments): Jesse Torres, who graduated in 1998 with a degree in psychology. Torres is a partner and chief strategy officer with Biltmore Group Consulting. Steve Yu, who graduated in 1995 with a degree in economics, and in 2003 with an M.B.A. Yu is CFO and assistant dean in UCLA School of Law.
- Graduate Students Association: Grace Kurek-Boschan, who graduated in 1997 with an M.B.A. Kurek-Boschan is a marketing consultant who has worked with service, internet, real estate and consumer product businesses as well as in higher education.