Road construction will be taking place on Charles E. Young Dr. East between Manning Drive and Tiverton Drive from Saturday, Sept. 14 through Monday, Sept. 16. Traffic delays should be expected those days with a full closure on Sept. 14 from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. with the following impacts:
- Parking Structure 2 will remain open from the north (Westholme Avenue), east (Charles E. Young Dr. East), and south (Manning Drive.). Southbound traffic leaving the stucture on Charles E. Young Dr. East will be closed.
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus routes 1, 2, 8, and 17 will have detours in the construction area. Click here for more information.
Bel Air power upgrade project
As part of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s Bel Air Power Upgrade Project, construction is currently taking place along two areas of Sunset Boulevard through the summer 2020:
- Between the 405 freeway and Bellagio Road
- Between South Beverly Glen Boulevard and Carolwood Drive
Expect traffic delays while work is taking place where at least one lane will be open in each direction. Work hours are:
- Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (with prep time starting at 6 a.m. but actual construction beginning at 8 a.m.).
All lanes will be restored after each work day. For more information please click here.
Metro Purple Line Extension
Intermittent construction will be occuring around campus due to the Metro Purple Line Extension scheduled to be completed in 2027. Major activity impacting campus will be listed here, or for a full list of construction notices visit Metro's website.